[vls-devel] Re: dvbinput.cpp CVS - broken

Jean-Paul Saman jpsaman at wxs.nl
Sun Jul 27 14:09:41 CEST 2003

Alexander,

I think that I figured out what goes wrong. Update the CVS version
again. My previous cleanup removed a few lines too much.

Alexander Afanasyev wrote:
> Hmm, interesting things...
> When i debug, i se only printf 'before trickplay' and
> program delays for a while and then says that can't
> start Trickplay (as i wrote in previous mail).
> There is a code cut
> -- cut from code --
>     dvb->SetTP(dvb->chans[iIndex].tpid, dvb->chans[iIndex].satid);
>     dvb->set_front();
>
>     sleep(1);
>     printf( "testing after sleep, before trickplay\n" );
>
>     //Launch the demux
>     m_pTrickPlay->Create();
>     printf( "testing after trickplay\n" );
> -- end cut --
>
> also, i try add printf to DoWork() of NormalTrickPlay
> but also nothing printed out :( Why thread do not start???

Not sure, but I think it has something to do with having the m_pHandler
assigned.

> and one more, i try to change place for m_pTrickPlay->Create()
> (after SelectPid) and i got a SegmentationFault...
This is a race condition. It should be before SelectPID, because they
both work on the m_pHandler.

Grtz,
Jean-Paul Saman.