[vls-devel] Re: vls with Nexus-S: libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity

Damien LUCAS nitrox at videolan.org
Mon Mar 17 13:59:48 CET 2003

Sven Severus wrote:

> When I start vls and enter "start WDR_FERNSEHEN localfile dvb" via telnet
> interface, it seems to work, but I see two or three messages like
> "libdvbpsi error
> (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 6, expected 0)" in the log of
> vls (see below).

This error is perfectly normal. The first time you launch VLS, it
expects to get the PAT n°0. But when reading from the satellite input,
you don't have any reason to get the PAT n°0.

> When trying to play the generated file stream.ts with vlc, video
> is extremly choppy, no audio.
>
> So let me come to the questions:
> 1. What is the reason for my problem?

It might be a problem with the PCR generation like the bug Tristan fix
but this bug should have been fixed in the drivers you use.

> 2. What can I do to solve it?

I will make some deeper tests to see if I can reproduce your problem.

> 3. Has anybody a vls with a Hauppauge Nexus-S as DVB input working properly?
> If so, please tell me the exact versions of driver, libdvb, patches ..
> you are
> using. Any additional tips or tricks neccessary to be known?

I use a DVB-S without any problem. Your lib versions seem good.

> 4. Is the Leteurtre-patch really obsolete today? Why?

Yes, it is included in the new drivers.

Regards,

--
nitrox