[vls-devel] P2P Video Streaming

Bastian Gerhard bastian at denshi360.com
Sun Oct 28 08:55:42 CET 2007

Hi everybody

I am new to the list and not yet very familiar with VLC's streaming
capabilities but I was hoping that someone could give me a quick insight
into what can already be done in regards to P2P streaming.

As you might know, just recently BitTorrent announced a new service
aiming for streaming video programs over the Internet:
http://www.textually.org/tv/archives/2007/10/017574.htm

Are there any sustainable P2P implementations of the BitTorrent protocol
available for VLC? How feasible would it be to roll out a simplified
open-source P2P video client that runs on Windows, MacOSX and Linux?

Appreciating any input on this.

Thanks a lot in advance
Bastian