[vls-devel] P2P Video Streaming

Bastian Gerhard bastian at denshi360.com
Sun Oct 28 13:34:49 CET 2007

Hey Michael

I posted the following on the VLC mailinglist as a follow-up:

Actually I'm interested in launching a development project for a live
streaming plugin (not necessarily within the official VLC tree, but
still under the GNU General Public License) involving strong P2P experts
who are already familiar with the VLC, BitTorrent or equivalent
technologies.

The project would be financially sponsored by a IPTV content provider
who requires the client for its services while having a great
interest in leaving the sources open to the public.

 From my understanding BitTorrent is not the preferred solution for live
broadcasts and a lot of research is being conducted in this field. Does
it even work? What do Joost and Zattoo build on?

Cheers
Bastian