[www-doc] Re: videolan: svn commit r2948 (dionoea)

Antoine Cellerier dionoea at via.ecp.fr
Sun Dec 12 22:39:19 CET 2004

The play howto was released today (just have to fix the pdf but i can't
find out how).

We now need translations. We will handle the french translation at VIA.
All other language translators are welcomed.

doc translation howto
=====================

you need the po4a program

to add a language
-----------------

edit src/po4a.cfg as in this example:

[po4a_paths] po/play-howto.pot fr:po/fr.po de:po/de.po
[type: xml] en/basic-use.xml fr:fr/basic-use.xml de:de/basic-use.xml
[type: xml] en/advanced-use.xml fr:fr/advanced-use.xml de:de/advanced-use.xml
[type: xml] en/intro.xml fr:fr/intro.xml de:de/intro.xml
[type: xml] en/http.xml fr:fr/http.xml de:de/http.xml
[type: xml] en/install.xml fr:fr/install.xml de:de/install.xml
[type: xml] en/play-howto.xml fr:fr/play-howto.xml de:de/play-howto.xml

run "po4a po4a.cfg"
this will create the po file fot the language you added in the src/po
directory.

creating the appropriate xml files
----------------------------------

once translation is above 80% of the strings, you can rerun "po4a
po4a.conf" and it will create the .xml files in src/<language>

building the doc

edit the Makefile and add you language in the ALL_LAGN variable

to build the doc for your language only, run "make LANG=<language>"
to build all languages, run "make all-lang"

I hope this is clear enough. Good luck with the translation and thanks
for your help,

--
dionoea