[www-doc] RTSP/RTP documentation

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Tue Mar 22 11:33:42 CET 2005

http://www.videolan.org/doc/streaming-howto/en/ch04.html#id2534636

This really needs to be adapted
The current sample for RTP actually shows a RTSP connection for a live
stream. The fact that our RTP module is used for RTSP is very confusing
for users, so we need to give clear descriptions for this.

Is a true RTSP live stream i believe
#rtp{dst=mcastip,port=1234,sdp=rtsp://server.example.org:8080/}'

the sdp= can also output file:// or http:// and this still would be a
RTSP output of a live stream.

For RTP only, you need to send either a TS over RTP stream in which
case i think you use:
#std{access=rtp,mux=ts,url=ip:port}
or a mp3 over rtp stream, in which case you would use the es mux i
think.

We definitely need more sample to outline this usage.

DJ
---
Universiteit Twente
Derk-Jan Hartman (d.hartman at student.utwente dot nl)