[www-doc] [RFC] WebSites

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Sat Dec 16 16:13:59 CET 2006

Hi everyone,

1. I have started to work a bit on the wiki, and to clean it up a bit.
   I need some comments on it, and on what to do next to improve it.

2. I think we should migrate slowly developers.v.o to www.v.o/developers
   for all the static page and move all the compile HOWTos to the
   wiki.v.o, because they change a lot.

3. I think we could have a link to planet.v.o on the main page.

4. I think we should have a link to the wiki.v.o on the main menu.

5. There were some discussion about translation of the main site.
   I think we can have that but for a *very* limited number of files (3-4
   per language), if we want to keep it up to date.

6. I added a "Help VideoLAN Team" Section on the forum. If you have
   small things to do, please post here.
   About the forum, we have a lot less SPAM than we had, which is cool.
   But phpBB 3.0 will be a good think.

7. Using trac 0.11-dev is a *BAD* idea, a lot of features are broken,
   especially searching. Why not stay with 0.10 ?

8. Trac again, the other projects (not trac.v.o/vlc/) are using old
   versions of trac. Is there any particular reason to do so ?

9. I cleaned a bit ftp.v.o/pub/videolan/testing/.
   My question is where should we put the test streams for the QA ?

10. We should move wiki.v.o/index.php/* to wiki.v.o/wiki/* or something
    better. Any Krishna admin to do so ?

11. I listed in wiki.v.o/index.php/VideoLAN_Sites the useful sites for
    everyone. Did I miss something ?

12. Other suggestions ?

Thanks for the comments.

--