[www-doc] Re: [RFC] WebSites

Jean-Paul Saman jean-paul.saman at planet.nl
Sun Dec 17 11:44:47 CET 2006

Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> 1. I have started to work a bit on the wiki, and to clean it up a bit.
>    I need some comments on it, and on what to do next to improve it.

> 2. I think we should migrate slowly developers.v.o to www.v.o/developers
>    for all the static page and move all the compile HOWTos to the
>    wiki.v.o, because they change a lot.

Howto's don't change that much.

> 3. I think we could have a link to planet.v.o on the main page.
>
> 4. I think we should have a link to the wiki.v.o on the main menu.

good idea

> 5. There were some discussion about translation of the main site.
>    I think we can have that but for a *very* limited number of files (3-4
>    per language), if we want to keep it up to date.

agreed

> 11. I listed in wiki.v.o/index.php/VideoLAN_Sites the useful sites for
>     everyone. Did I miss something ?

I would remove getvlcstatus.v.o it has no use and is confusing for users.

> 12. Other suggestions ?

Can't we setup a site/wiki area for knowledge about vlc testing
procedures. So that with each release we can go through this testplan
and improve on it. I am basically suggesting a QA type of site.

Gtz,
Jean-Paul Saman.