[x264-devel] Re: some problems of x264 decoder

坚 吴 wujianseven at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 12 03:10:59 CEST 2004

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Laurent Aimar<mailto:fenrir at via.ecp.fr>
  To: x264-devel at videolan.org<mailto:x264-devel at videolan.org>
  Sent: 2004年7月12日 2:26
  Subject: [x264-devel] Re: some problems of x264 decoder

  For the following question :
  >     Thought I hear that the ffmpeg is strongthen,I have not used  and know
  > a little.
  > I have several problems about H264 in libavcodec:
  > 1.  Can its H264 decoder be taken out solely to use rightly?
   Why do you want to do that ?

  I want to implement H264 Codec over dsp. And I think that I only need H264 Decoder in libavcodec.
  Is this idea not right ?or where is improper?Please give me some advices.

  thanks

  On Sat, Jul 10, 2004, ?? ?? wrote:
  > I am surprised that the h->mb is an variable of an struct type,but in x264
  > encoder it is used as an pointer type,and the x264 encoder can run
  > rightly.Is "mb = &h->mb[mb_xy];" pseudocode?I think so.
   The decoder has never worked, and is way outdated, its code won't
  compil anymore.
   I have prefered to submit patch to ffmpeg and their decoder works
  pretty well except no B frame support (and maybe no interlaced
  cabac/calvc(?) support) and very slow.
   If you plan to work on a h264 decoder it would be really cool if you do
  on the ffmpeg one :)
  >     Thought I hear that the ffmpeg is strongthen,I have not used  and know
  > a little.
  > I have several problems about H264 in libavcodec:
  > 1.  Can its H264 decoder be taken out solely to use rightly?
   Why do you want to do that ?

  > 2. I hear that this H264 decoder has a bug, I don't know what it is;
  > thanks
   I think it has been fixed (it was a problem with block smaller than 8x8
  and cabac).

  --
  fenrir