[x264-devel] Re: sun4u Bus error

Måns Rullgård mru at inprovide.com
Tue Aug 9 11:25:21 CEST 2005

Mauricio Briceno said:
> Ok, I undefined REPLACE_GETOPT but I got optreset and *optarg out of the
> ifdef that comes later (otherwise it won't compile).
>
> Thanks, it worked.
>
> Now I have the same error that I get when compiling dinamically: a bus
> error at execution:
>
> ./x264
> Bus error
>
> It seems to be a seg fault. What I do know is that it doesn't come from
> the VIS assembly code because when deactivating VIS optimisations I get
> the same error.
> Strange. I remember I managed to get x264 working on this machine some
> weeks ago, but I don't remember what revision I was compiling.

A bus error on Sparc is usually caused by an unaligned memory access.  Try
getting a core dump and examining it with gdb to see where it crashed.  If
there are unaliged accesses we should get rid of them.  They are slower on
all hardware, even though some (x86) doesn't complain about it.

--
Måns Rullgård
mru at inprovide.com