[x264-devel] x264 and Visual Studio 7.1

Rucka rucka at tiscalinet.it
Thu Jun 23 09:21:33 CEST 2005

Hi all,
I'm trying to compile x264 library with Visual Studio, but we met some
problems in the attempt.

This is my output build log.

------ Rebuild All started: Project: libx264, Configuration: Debug Win32
------

Deleting intermediate files and output files for project 'libx264',
configuration 'Debug|Win32'.
Assembly z:\temp\x264\common\i386\predict-a.asm
nasm: error: no input file specified
type `nasm -h' for help
Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Assembly
z:\temp\x264\common\i386\predict-a.asm"

Build log was saved at "file://z:\temp\x264\build\win32\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
libx264 - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

The svn revision is 270 and I'm using nasm version 0.98.38. To compile asm
files with custom Build Tool I added the path of NASM (c:\apps\nasm) in the
Executable Directories list of Visual Studio (Tools->Options->Project->Vc++
Directories).

If I try to compile predict-a.asm file with nasm at command line (with the
same parameters used by Custom Build Tool), it works fine.

What's wrong with Visual Studio?

Thank's a lot for your help.

Gianluca