[x264-devel] Re: failed to compile x264 from latest svn by mingw

champ yen champ.yen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 05:02:09 CET 2005

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 08:36:05 +0800, Xie Bo <bxie at sjtu.edu.cn> wrote:

> > Dear Xie Bo:
> > The SIMD implementation of x264 is done in assembly code.
> > What you need is to download NASM and install it into your MinGW Environment.
> Yes. I have downloaed NASM and installed it in windows/system32 directory so that MinGW could call it.
>
> My question is : Does X264 support MinGW now?
> I find that X264 has not ./configure --help so that I can not --disable-some-feature to let my mingw pass compiling.

Hello

Finally, I borrow a workstation with WinXP on it.
I installed MinGW ver 3.2.0 rc3, NASM for win32 0.98.32 and UnxUtils
with the latest update.
After alternating Makefile, it still have a problem of  MinGW
"memalign" support.

Change "memalign(16, i_size)" to "malloc(i_size)" in common/common.c

I have tried this method for my compilation on WinXP.

I hope that these tips will help you.

best regards

Tz-Hung Yen
==