[x264-devel] Re: x264 177 with no intra macroblocks feature

champ yen champ.yen at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 00:56:12 CET 2005

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 10:10:11 -0800 (PST), Loren Merritt
<lorenm at u.washington.edu> > Interface: it should not be a whole new
option, but rather another flag in
> x264_t.param.analyse.inter, i.e. a X264_ANALYSE_I16x16 much like
> X264_ANALYSE_I4x4.
Yeah, I said that it is a rough implmentation on the first mail. :)
I released it because I hope that someone may test more conditions.
I will release a new patch with a better implementation. ^^

> Don't use only constant bitrate for testing its efficiency; there's too
> much random fluctuation caused by the feedback loop. Also, a short
> sequence like foreman won't tell you how much you lose from the lack of
> scenecut detection.
Hmmmm. I see..
I have also pointed out that it may be a good use under some conditions.
(like video conferencing ....)
nothing is best, it depends on how you use the tools.
so, like the --analyse none, only use 16x16 macroblock for encoding.
> --Loren Merritt

sincerely yours
champ yen
==