[x264-devel] Re: x264 177 with no intra macroblocks feature

Loren Merritt lorenm at u.washington.edu
Fri Mar 18 19:10:11 CET 2005

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005, champ yen wrote:

> Dear all:
>    Finally, I decide to add the feature first.
>    The URL below is the x264 with a new "noimb" parameter. It is based on 177.
>    http://www.ccns.ncku.edu.tw/~champ/x264_noimb.tgz

Interface: it should not be a whole new option, but rather another flag in
x264_t.param.analyse.inter, i.e. a X264_ANALYSE_I16x16 much like
X264_ANALYSE_I4x4.

Don't use only constant bitrate for testing its efficiency; there's too
much random fluctuation caused by the feedback loop. Also, a short
sequence like foreman won't tell you how much you lose from the lack of
scenecut detection.

--Loren Merritt