[x264-devel] Re: H.264 decoder

Thierry Foucu tfoucu at gmail.com
Thu May 12 18:19:36 CEST 2005

FFmpeg does not decode most of the stream comming from real time
hardware encoder.

All the professional encoder will support interlaced mode by default,
and almost allof them use slice. So far, when I tried FFMPEG, it
crashed on me. However, Moonlight never had an problem to decode any
of these stream.

Also, Playing H.264 over RTP is a dream. I have almost all H.264 STB
in my lab, and NONE support H.264 over RTP. When we talk with the STB
people, they do not think they will ever go to RTP. Too much over
head, and if you need RTP, it means that your network is NOT design
for Video. Of course, I'm talking about broadcast people.