[x264-devel] Re: H.264 decoder

Loren Merritt lorenm at u.washington.edu
Thu May 12 20:51:18 CEST 2005

On Thu, 12 May 2005, Thierry Foucu wrote:

> FFmpeg does not decode most of the stream comming from real time
> hardware encoder.
>
> All the professional encoder will support interlaced mode by default,
> and almost all of them use slice. So far, when I tried FFMPEG, it
> crashed on me. However, Moonlight never had an problem to decode any
> of these stream.

FFmpeg decodes most of the multislice samples I've seen. There are
exceptions, and if I get inspired maybe I'll track down why they break.

FFmpeg is much more likely to support interlacing in the future than x264
is. I mean, there seems to be one person contributing to ffmpeg who cares
about interlacing.

--Loren Merritt