[x264-devel] Re: patch: visualization for X11

Loren Merritt lorenm at u.washington.edu
Fri May 13 19:00:11 CEST 2005

On Fri, 13 May 2005, Tuukka Toivonen wrote:
> I made some changes, here's the list (patch attached):
> - Reference frame number is now also visualized
> - Fixed some bugs
> - Fixed some comments

I like the idea for displaying refs, but it gets hard to read a ref #15
in a 4x4 partition. Possibilities: collapse a few of the higher ref
numbers into a single size? Use only one diamond per 8x8 block, even if
MVs are subdivided? Prevent diamonds from overwriting partition
boundaries and use slightly different color?

--Loren Merritt