[x264-devel] [Tom Jacobs <T.R.Jacobs at lboro.ac.uk>] Re: Re: Rif: Re: JM 9.6 vs. x264 rev 228: results

System administration admin at via.ecp.fr
Mon May 23 21:57:38 CEST 2005

 The deleted attachments are at:
    <http://www.videolan.org/~admin/20050523-videolan/coastguard-352-288-br.eps>
    <http://www.videolan.org/~admin/20050523-videolan/coastguard-352-288-rd.eps>

----- Forwarded message from Tom Jacobs <T.R.Jacobs at lboro.ac.uk> -----

From: Tom Jacobs <T.R.Jacobs at lboro.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 12:29:49 +0100
To: x264-devel at videolan.org
Subject: Re: [x264-devel] Re: Rif: Re: JM 9.6 vs. x264 rev 228: results

thanks for all your help. i have managed to make a few graphs :)

i have attached 2 of the graphs (not sure if attachements work in the
mailing list or not) showing how the multisliced implementation works.
these 2 graphs are taken with 25frame click with 1 ref frame. the major
difference between the sliced version seam to be at lower psnr the relative
bitrate of the multislices are bigger. this is understandable since the rate
control for multislice isnt that good.

having said this what do people think? is it aceptable (assuming im getting
good benifits from using my multi-prossor system)?

thanks

Tom

----- End forwarded message -----

--