[x264-devel] Re: X264 Decoder

Stephen Henry Stephen.Henry at elixent.com
Thu Nov 10 15:45:56 CET 2005

Not really because it's too generic; in software design, being generic
is a good thing. The reason I wanted the x264 decoder to work was so
that I could have a useful, and well written, substitute for the
reference code. If your working in H.264 it's a bit clunky to refer to
x264 for the encoder side of things, and ffmpeg, and entirely different
code base for anything decoder. That and the fact that the majority of
the code necessary to decode and reconstruct an H.264 bitstream is
already present in x264.