[x264-devel] Re: deinterlacing video prior to x264 conversion

Iain Wade iain.wade at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 09:33:01 CEST 2005

> >for file in $*
> >do
> >  mencoder -ovc x264 -x264encopts pass=1 -nosound -o $file.x264.avi $file
> >  mencoder -ovc x264 -x264encopts bitrate=2200:pass=2:8x8dct:i8x8 -vf pp=md
> >-oac copy -o $file.x264.avi $file
> >done
>
> Hmm, I will try to remember to post my encoding script some day.

If anyone was interested, I had already ported the lavcdeint mplayer
plugin to the x264 cli tool, and also added a DVD/mpeg-2 source plugin
(with frame-accurate seeking of appropriately indexed DVD sources).

this lets me do one-step DVD->h.264 video translation, and farm
frame-ranges out to a dozen or so high-powered machines and get it
done quickly.

I didn't know how much people wanted to add to the cli tool vs.
leaving it to other tools to use this library so I never posted it..
but I found it convenient anyway.

--Iain