[x264-devel] Re: deinterlacing video prior to x264 conversion

reamer-s at Safe-mail.net reamer-s at Safe-mail.net
Tue Oct 11 19:43:08 CEST 2005

-------- Original Message --------
From: Andrea Gianarro <giandrea at gmail.com>

> I personally think it is a good idea to concentrate the efforts in a
> tool that can output in one step to MP4 container. MPlayer/MEncoder
> always lacked this feature. Moreover x264 cli may be very useful  to
> people transcoding MPEG2 HD, so I'm all for this plugins.

This is what I've been attempting with Divx HD from 1080i sources, so far with rather poor results.  The new Divx Converter is easy to use but you cannot configure much besides theprofile.  Output format is only 1280 x 544 (I think) and even when using DrDivx I have unable to find a recipe to get 1280 x 720 which conforms to their HD profile.

I look forward to simple and flexible x264 tools and UI.