[x264-devel] Re: deinterlacing video prior to x264 conversion

Czarek Kwasny gfxmaniac at tlen.pl
Tue Oct 11 20:49:57 CEST 2005

reamer-s at Safe-mail.net wrote:

> This is what I've been attempting with Divx HD from 1080i sources, so far with rather poor results.  The new Divx Converter is easy to use but you cannot configure much besides theprofile.  Output format is only 1280 x 544 (I think) and even when using DrDivx I have unable to find a recipe to get 1280 x 720 which conforms to their HD profile.
>
> I look forward to simple and flexible x264 tools and UI.

Hmm not sure, but how about MeGUI?

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=96032

It's intended for Windows users only, but it's a sort of GUI that allows
you to input avisynth scripts and audio files and output it to
mp4/avi/mkv file with just a few clicks.

With Avisynth you may prepare deinterlacing, resizing, colorspace
conversion (YV12) and take almost any type of media (mov, mpg, avi,
image sequences) as input, then MeGUI allows you to setup x264cli via
graphical interface and sends the settings to the command line. After
the job is done, you may convert your audio to aac format and mux the
video and the audio into mp4 container.

I have succesfully encoded 1080p source along with 5.1 audio track, but
there are also some guides how to encode files to be compatible with
quicktime 7 or SonyPSP.

And the only thing to write manually is the avisynth script in my case,
rest is done by MeGUI.

--
Czarek Kwasny
http://gfx.artivo.pl/