[x264-devel] Re: x264 and streaming based project creation

Rémy NOEL rnoel at altern.org
Wed Oct 19 20:38:11 CEST 2005

Hi,

Thanks for your answers !

>> The second, is that the application have to be able to receive
>> multiple streams from other distant machines in the same "window"
>> and/or on differents screens.
>
> Then you'll also need libavcodec, in order to decode the streams (x264
> in itself is only an encoder, the decoder part isn't working).

So, is there any roadmap for the decoder part?
If yes, is the libavcodec really different than the next decoder? Do I
think to an adapter to support it in a second time?

>> I have to display a received stream on a 3meters x 2meters screen
>> from a 2Mbps internet line.
>
> 2 Mbits per stream, am I understanding correctly ?

No, sorry, it's a 2Mbps rate but according to your answer in your
project.
The 2Mbps rate is a under-sized limit for each stream.
The bad news is that I need to buy strong machines to have a clean
render on the panels.