[x264-devel] multi-slice encoders

Michael Roitzsch amalthea at freenet.de
Mon Sep 19 18:33:40 CEST 2005

Hi x264 team,

I am sorry, this question is slightly off topic here, but I am hoping
to find a high concentration of experts here.

Do you know of any encoders (preferably open-source) that are capable
of encoding into H.264 using multiple slices per frame in a way, that
the slices are placed to match certain features of the video? (like
low-motion background objects in one slice and fast-motion foreground
objects in another) Does something like this sound possible at all?
(As far as I know, the H.264 standard should support that.)

I would appreciate any comments you could give me. Thanks in advance.

Michael Roitzsch