[x264-devel] Re: Patch against CVS for libavcodec/ffmpeg input support

Laine Lee llee at lonestar.utsa.edu
Mon Apr 24 04:02:38 CEST 2006

On 4/21/06 2:52 PM, "Loren Merritt" <lorenm at u.washington.edu> wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Apr 2006, Michael S. Kazmier wrote:
>
>>> $ ffmpeg -i ~/video.mpg -f rawvideo -s 320x240 -| x264 -o ~/output.mp4 -
>>> 320x240
>>>
>>> could not open input file '-'
>
> works for me.

If you executed that command successfully with a configuration of x264 built
on the Intel Mac, please tell me how I might acquire a copy of the
executable you're using or anything else that might help me build it on my
Intel iMac. The options I'm using to build are precisely the same as those
I'm using to build on a PPC, and the PPC-built version works fine with the
above command, but it's running in Rosetta, of course, so it's far from
fast. Thanks.

--
Laine Lee