[x264-devel] Problem building HandBrake on RHEL4 x86_64

Simen Thoresen simentt at dolphinics.no
Sun Apr 23 15:19:23 CEST 2006

Hi x264 developers,

I'm trying to get HandBrake 0.7.1 built on my RHEL4 x86_64 box, and run into
a x264-problem.

Specifically, it seems './configure' writes a config.make file specifying
AS=yasm

even tho there is no yasm on my system. On a similar system (i386-mode), the
config.mak file specifies nasm, which works.

Changing the above to AS=nasm (after installing nasm), causes nasm to
complain, as
ASFLAGS=-f elf -m amd64
is not understood (nasm does not like -m amd64).

...and removing this gives me allignment problems, which is not cool either
- and that is where I am stuck.

I see the x264-version being used by HandBrake is

http://download.m0k.org/handbrake/contrib/x264-r401.tar.gz
(which I don't really expect to be current).

So - my questions;
Does x264 require yasm to build under x86_64? Are my problems solvable by
just upgrading the x264-version used here?

-S
--
Simen Thoresen, Dolphin ICS