[x264-devel] Re: H.264 encoder

JGJones jgjones at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 20:58:42 CET 2006

I'm not a dev myself too, so my voice carry nothing too. I remember I
once asked about licencing because being deaf myself, videophone are of
huge importance to me.

And I was wondering what the problem was between the licences that
OpenH323 use (for GnomeMeeting) and x264 so that I could have H264 video
calls as the current H261 video in use by OpenH323 is of extremely poor
quality and no good for sign language at all whatsoever.

Does the change to LGPL means OpenH323 could then be able to work with
it or make use of it?

Many thanks.

JGJones

Y Ddraig Goch a ddyry Gychwyn
Cymru am byth

BSL Video-Group:

Deaf-UK Technology Wiki
http://bslvgroup.mrdini.com/wiki/Main_Page

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: 1) nerds and 2) normals.