[x264-devel] Technical question regarding X 264

DESQUENNES, Mickaël mdesquennes at tf1.fr
Mon Jan 16 14:35:42 CET 2006

Hi all,
I have a question regarding x264. We are making HD content, typically 1920x1080 12Mbit/s using hardware H264 encoder.
I've recorded the stream and tried to decode the TS file but i've some problems:
1- it's ok for sound.
2- I do not manage to have really frames ( great snapshot :o) but a little bit expensive way to have beautiful photos).
When i pause the playback i've the correct frame but nothing more.
I've tried to transcode to change codec and bitrate but with no more results.
My hardware ressources are ok, processor never exceed 30% ( Dual Xeon 3.6Ghz 2Go Ram).
Do you think it is possible to decode such stream with vlc and X264?
I wish to thank you all by advance for your support.
Please forgive my so poor english level.

Mickaël Desquennes