[x264-devel] Re: Technical question regarding X 264

Mathy Vanvoorden matje at lanzone.be
Mon Jan 16 15:00:09 CET 2006

Hi,

On Monday 16 January 2006 14:35, DESQUENNES, Mickaël wrote:
> 2- I do not manage to have really frames ( great snapshot :o) but a little
> bit expensive way to have beautiful photos). When i pause the playback i've
> the correct frame but nothing more. I've tried to transcode to change codec
> and bitrate but with no more results. My hardware ressources are ok,
> processor never exceed 30% ( Dual Xeon 3.6Ghz 2Go Ram). Do you think it is
> possible to decode such stream with vlc and X264? I wish to thank you all
> by advance for your support.

x264 doesn't support decoding (any more). It used to, but the existing code is
broking ad it now is focused only on encoding. You should try playing it with
mplayer (which uses ffmpeg). First make sure you have a recent build from CVS
(both mplayer and ffmpeg) or such if you're experiencing problems.

--
Best regards,

Mathy Vanvoorden