[x264-devel] some more questions about time stemps

shauli.rozen at gmail.com shauli.rozen at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 15:39:18 CET 2006

Hi ,

I am sorry if this seems like nagging.
I am changing my encoding from h263 to h264 , and using x264 as the new
encoder.

when I used h263 , in the picture layer , there was a field named "Temporal
Reference"  (TR) , I saw that some
players looked at this field when setting the time stamp while others used
the time stamps provided by the container.

As I see it so far , there is no corresponding field in the h264 bit stream.
In that case only the muxer can provide the time stamps.
I am looking for a confirmation , Is it true that there is no way to inform
the player about display time in the bit stream of h264?
If I only provide time stamps in the muxer , will that be enough for sure?

thanks in advance.