[x264-devel] Re: vfr video

Loïc Le Loarer lll+vlc at m4x.org
Mon Jun 12 14:10:39 CEST 2006

Le Friday 09 June 2006 à 20:19:45 +0200, Tomas Carnecky a écrit:
> I'm using a modified x264 executable to read raw YUV frames from a file
> which also contains dimension and frame timestamps to convert it to
> H.264.

Is you yukon format standard ?

If not, instead of using a new ad hoc video format, why not use yuv4mpeg
with a small extension in FRAME format (each frame is delimited with a
line containing the FRAME word and options can be added to it), no
option currently exist for PTS but it is easy to add one. This is much
closer to an existing standard and have a chance to be adopted by other
projects that x264.

See this page for information about the YUV4MPEG2 (.y4m files) format:
http://www.penguin-soft.com/penguin/man/5/yuv4mpeg.html

Best regards.

--
Loïc