[x264-devel] Re: vfr video

Tomas Carnecky tom at dbservice.com
Mon Jun 12 14:45:41 CEST 2006

Loïc Le Loarer wrote:

> If not, instead of using a new ad hoc video format, why not use yuv4mpeg
> with a small extension in FRAME format (each frame is delimited with a
> line containing the FRAME word and options can be added to it), no
> option currently exist for PTS but it is easy to add one. This is much
> closer to an existing standard and have a chance to be adopted by other
> projects that x264.

The frames are saved upside-dowm (this is the way glReadPixels() reads
the framebuffer) and for performance reasons I don't convert the frame
when saving to the file.
Maybe I should create a yukon2y4m tool ;)
$ cat input.yukon | yukon2y4m | x264 ...
does x264 even support reading y4m files from stdin?

tom