[x264-devel] Re: x264 roadmap

Andrea Barbieri andrea.barbieri at movingimageresearch.com
Sun Mar 5 12:55:48 CET 2006

LM:=Loren Merritt

LM> On Sat, 4 Mar 2006, Andrea Barbieri wrote:
LM>
LM> > is a roadmap of x264 new features available for general consumption (no
LM> > great details nor exact timing, just an idea of what to expect next) or is
LM> > it just bug-fixes/performance enhancements?
LM>
LM> I do not plan features in advance.

interesting observation

I hope that my question didn't influence the removal of the TODO file from
the repository.

the knowledge of what needs to be improved might also help developers
mediated contributions from a larger pool of expertise... and to know what
currently unsupported ISO/IEC 14496-10 features (mainly all of the FRExt
ones, open GOP) would score high in the developers agenda might improve as
well the chances of targetted efforts and contributions to be made.

best regards
andrea
--
Andrea Barbieri