[x264-devel] Re: x264 roadmap

Andrea Barbieri andrea.barbieri at movingimageresearch.com
Sun Mar 5 15:28:51 CET 2006

thank you for the URL pointer, I was just hoping that for consolidation
matters the todo (and its wereabout knowledge) was part of the source code
repository rather than in some other places like Doom9 forum (with quite a
high level of noise).

I'm currently looking at the Win32 runtime (needed to modify the .sln
and .vcproj and very few files for .NET 2003) and using the latest VTune
analyzer... I need to perform more tests... the reason being the current
timings with brdo=0 and trellis=0 show x264_quant_8x8x_trellis being the
second most expensive function (~7%) which doesn't make sense.

normally with the monochrome format tool the 10bit tool goes hand to hand
(even though the former is part of the High profile and the latter of the
High-10 one)

GP:=Guillaume POIRIER

--
Andrea Barbieri