[x264-devel] Re: frame sequence IB pattern only

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 22:17:42 CET 2006

Hi,

On 3/10/06, reamer-s at safe-mail.net <reamer-s at safe-mail.net> wrote:
> I know this is a generic and basic question, but is it legal to generate a I-frame only H.264 video stream?  I would like a DV25/50/100-style stream supporting DD 5.1 for editing.  Should H.264 complaint decoders directly support this type stream?

I believe that what you're after is called MJPEG... H.264 won't brink
you anything, except maybe the range coder which probably can squeeze
a bit further the size of your file.

It's just a wild guess though...

Guillaume
--
Reinventing the wheel certainly is annoying, but as long as all other
wheels are square...

Reimar Döffinger