[x264-devel] Re: x264 improvement

Firas Al-Tahan firearse at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 17:21:13 CET 2006

Eric,

First off - thanks a great deal for your efforts - Handbrake and the
PPC x264 work great and I haven't had a bad encode in over a year
using the software you provide/help to provide.

As I said, I'm no guru or Altivec programmer - but I really want to
get my hands dirty this summer in Altivec and x264. I'd like to make a
G5 multi-processor/multi-core only version that really makes the G5
shine.

I'm going to be busy till after May - just quickly, are there any good
PPC and Altivec books out there that you'd recommend? Some of the
resources Google is bringing up are dated and aren't available - a
worying sign!

Thanks,

Firas