[x264-devel] Re: QT x264 decoder?

Andrea Gianarro giandrea at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 23:30:23 CEST 2006

On 3/26/06, Marc Schulz <schulz.marc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Lee,
>
> If memory serves me correctly all current implementations of external
> h.264(x264 nero, ateme, coreAVC) decoders are all directshow based.
> Quicktime uses it's own internal codec parser and will only play things
> that apple decides it can play.
>
> Marc

The QuickTime framework is very extensible, there are infact plugins
to play OGG Vorbis, Windows Media Video/Audio, RealVideo/Audio, etc...
It is possible that there are plugins based on libavcodec, but I don't
know of such a thing. I know some similar projects like FFusion
(http://aldorandenet.free.fr/codecs/) and XVID_Component
(http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~naegelic/).
Bye,

Andrea