[x264-devel] Re: linking error workaround

Dino Klein dinoklein at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 5 21:35:01 CEST 2006

That's odd: I also had this problem, and passing "--extra-cflags=-std=c99"
the configure script took care of that missing symbol.
Well, perhaps it because we have a different environment.

(I've documented the "ordeal" of building on Solaris/x86 here:
http://www.recalibrate.net/blog/2006/09/26/build-x264-on-solaris/)

----Original Message Follows----
apparently there's some problems with x264's use of ISO C99 features on
Solaris. The Solaris header files require that the ISO C99 declarations
are explicitly included. GCC can do that automatically if "-std=c99" is
used during compilation, or it can be done explicitly by defining
__C99FEATURES__. However, that brakes compilation.