[x264-devel] Re: linking error workaround

Christian Bienia cbienia at cs.princeton.edu
Fri Oct 6 06:33:31 CEST 2006

Hey Dino,

On Thursday 05 October 2006 03:35 pm, you wrote:
> That's odd: I also had this problem, and passing "--extra-cflags=-std=c99"
> the configure script took care of that missing symbol.
> Well, perhaps it because we have a different environment.
>
> (I've documented the "ordeal" of building on Solaris/x86 here:
> http://www.recalibrate.net/blog/2006/09/26/build-x264-on-solaris/)

Fortunately I had less trouble compiling x264. The "#define isfinite finite"
was really the only thing I had to do. I also got the two warnings about the
implicit declaration of alloca, but I didn't bother to write to the mailing
list about that. Nevertheless, the man page on the other Unixes I use all say
that alloca requires alloca.h, so maybe it would be worth to update the
source code repository accordingly?

- Chris