[x264-devel] Bug Report/Help?

Mathieu Monnier manao at melix.net
Tue Aug 14 15:42:56 CEST 2007

First of all, random crashes tends more often than not to be due to
hardware failure. And even memtests & co don't always manage to test
exhaustively CPU/Ram ( I know that for a fact, since I got into the same
trouble as you, with XviD at that time. Ram passed every possible tests,
but it kept randomly crashing on me, and only with XviD. Changing the
ram fixed definitely the issue ).

Secondly, you using an avisynth script. Care to past that script here ?
I would tend to trust x264 far more than some avisynth filters...

Thirdly, what happens if you use --threads 1 ( and 2, 3, 4 ? ). What
about --thread-input ?

Finally, you're the first one to experience crashes with x264 &
multicore ( even quadcore ), that's why everyone here tends to think
something other than x264 is guilty.

Regards,

Mathieu