[x264-devel] Bug Report/Help?

Kevin P. Jacobson kevin at kjake.net
Tue Aug 14 16:42:35 CEST 2007

Mathieu, thanks for your reply.  I am willing to go through the different variables to try and find the issue.  I didn't intend to say the problem was only with x264 - it is just that is the only application that I've run that has had this result.  But I digress, maybe it is the avisynth filter, I'm not sure that I've run this script on this quad core system before, but I have used it on a dual core without a problem (this is why I thought the quad core was more of the issue at hand).

Here is the script...basically an AutoGK generated one actually, but I made some changes.  Something that stands out is maybe the RemoveGrainSSE3 filter.  Perhaps I should try a run with that filter disabled.  Does that sound like a worth while idea?

Thanks!

LoadPlugin("D:\EncodingTools\Filters\DGDecode.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\EncodingTools\Filters\autocrop.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\EncodingTools\Filters\vsfilter.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\EncodingTools\Filters\ColorMatrix.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\EncodingTools\Filters\RemoveGrainSSE3.dll")
movie = mpeg2source("D:/1.d2v")
ConvertFPS(movie,23.976)
cropclip = autocrop(movie,mode=0,wmultof=4,hmultof=4,samples=10,aspect=0,threshold=34,samplestartframe=0,leftadd=0,rightadd=0,topadd=0,bottomadd=0)
fixed_aspect = 1.18518518518519
c_width = width(cropclip)
c_height = round(height(cropclip) / fixed_aspect)
input_par = float(c_width)/float(c_height)
input_par = (input_par > 1.4) || (input_par < 1.25) ? input_par : (4.0/3.0)
out_width = 640
out_height = round(float(out_width) / input_par)
hmod = out_height - (floor(out_height / 16 ) * 16)
out_height = (hmod > 4) ? (out_height + (16 - hmod)) : (out_height - hmod)
new_aspect = (float(out_width) / float(out_height)) / fixed_aspect
autocrop(movie,mode=0,wmultof=4,hmultof=4,samples=10,aspect=new_aspect,threshold=34,samplestartframe=0,leftadd=0,rightadd=0,topadd=0,bottomadd=0)
LanczosResize(out_width,out_height)
RemoveGrain(mode=2)
ColorMatrix("Rec.709->Rec.601",opt=0,hints=false)
### Watermark ###
TextSub("D:\1.ssa")