[x264-devel] x264 compilation with Visual Studio 2005

Kalash Kuhasa kalash.kuhasa at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 12:05:05 CET 2007

Hi

A few weeks back, there were a couple of queries about compiling x264 on
Visual Studio 2005. I was able to successfully compile both libx264 as well
as x264 with the following steps:
1. Download NASM for Win32 from nasm.sourceforge.net. Rename the nasmw.exeto
nasm.exe and save it in a directory that is in the search path
2. Remove the file dct-c.c from the Core\I386 folder under libx264 project.
This file is no longer part of x264 sources as a previous message clarifies.
3. Create a fake file named (zero byte file is okay) named unistd.h under
the directory extras_h

Compile both libx264 and x264 - there should be plenty of warnings but no
errors.

Compilation environment is Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition.

Cheers!