[x264-devel] Re: [patch] minor code cleanup and fix for x264.c

Loren Merritt lorenm at u.washington.edu
Mon Jan 15 08:07:58 CET 2007

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007, Limin Wang wrote:

> Now I'm new to x264 and start to review the code now.
>
> Below is my patch to do code cleanup for x264.c by my review.
> comments:
> * if i_total_frame is 0, it should never enter the encode loop

i_frame_total == 0 means unkown, i.e. piped input or some muxer that
doesn't store the movie length. I suppose using INT_MAX for that instead
would slightly reduce the code size.

> * can't seek frame out of range

ok

> BTW, where is x264 code style? If not, can we create a style
> like xvid's CodeStyle?

It's not codified anywhere. Yes, I can base one on xvid's style guide.

> It's buggy to prefix the variable with i_* etc.

Agreed. That's leftover from when Fenrir was the maintainer, and I just
never bothered to change it. Plus, while I make no attempt to keep the API
constant, I also don't change it without a functional reason.

--Loren Merritt