[x264-devel] Regarding half pixel interpolation using six tap filter

mahesh k maheswarreddy.k at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 04:14:57 CET 2007

 Hi,

I was working on subpixel accuracy of  motion estimation. For this I need to
quarter interpolate the reference search window region. I need to use six
tap filter to generate half pixel sample values as per h.264 standard.  For
six tap filter we need three adjacent integer sample values to the left and
right. Burt in case of edges we dont have all the reqired six sample
values . Can u plz suggest me how to handle this situation.

Thanks and regards,
Mahesh