[x264-devel] can x264 encode one frame with more slices currently?

qingxiang xu xuqx2006 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 11:02:23 CEST 2007

I am doing the work about error detection and concealment for h.264 encoded
video. The input stream is x264 encoded video.

H.264 Standards indicate that a picture can be partitioned into more than
one slice or encoded as a whole ( in this case the pic is considered as a
single slice). Now the new version of x264 can encode one frame with more
slices? If it can, I set "threads --integer", it will be ok? My x264 version
is 0.54.x. Before, I heard that x264 developers are developing the function.
Also, I want to know which version can implement one frame more slices?

I will appreciate some one who can tell me it clearly.

Thanks a lot!

Elly