[x264-devel] Re: can x264 encode one frame with more slices currently?

Alexander Izvorski aizvorski at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 11:19:06 CEST 2007

On 6/13/07, qingxiang xu <xuqx2006 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am doing the work about error detection and concealment for h.264 encoded
> video. The input stream is x264 encoded video.
>
> H.264 Standards indicate that a picture can be partitioned into more than
> one slice or encoded as a whole ( in this case the pic is considered as a
> single slice). Now the new version of x264 can encode one frame with more
> slices? If it can, I set "threads --integer", it will be ok? My x264 version
> is 0.54.x. Before, I heard that x264 developers are developing the function.
> Also, I want to know which version can implement one frame more slices?
>
> I will appreciate some one who can tell me it clearly.
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Elly

Use a svn revision < r609 of x264 in order to create slices with the
--threads option.  See:
http://www.via.ecp.fr/via/ml/x264-devel/2007-02/msg00053.html
which explains the change and the reasons for it.

Yes, this is being worked on.  See:
http://www.via.ecp.fr/via/ml/x264-devel/2007-05/msg00000.html

Regards,
--Alex