[x264-devel] recommended settings for screencapture encoding?

Maarten de Boer mdeboer at iua.upf.edu
Mon Nov 5 19:11:10 CET 2007

Hello,

I am making a demo video for an application. I capture with xvidcap,
convert the capture to 4:2:0 y4m, encode with x264, and combine it
with aac audio with MP4Box. Everything works okay, but I was wondering
if I could improve the video quality with settings more suitable than
the defaults for this kind of material. It's a typical GUI interface,
buttons, sliders, some scrolling audio waveform visualization. Any
suggestions?

Thanks a lot,

maarten