[x264-devel] Regarding Intra macroblock in P Slice

Sergey A. Sablin sergey.sablin at elecard.com
Tue Nov 6 04:37:50 CET 2007

In I-slices only Intra modes are allowed.
constrained_intra_pred_flag indicates whether pixels from Inter-coded
macroblock in non-Intra slices will be used for intra prediction or not.
constrained_intra_pred_flag = 0 indicates that there is no any
restrictions, while constrained_intra_pred_flag = 1 indicates that for
intra prediction process in non-Intra slices pixels from inter-coded
macroblock shall be inferred as 2^(bit_depth-1), ie 128 for 8-bit case.

Sergey.