[x264-devel] Custom slice support

Jery Bing jery.bing at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 21:32:41 CET 2007

running diffrent encoder for each slice gives me all the flexibility that i
need.
i can slice the screen as i want, and the ability to decode each slice by
himself.
also, i can run each slice with it own fps, or in my case, only when changes
are made.

asking again, what is my lose by doing so? beside the fact the i need to
manage this at the encoder and the decoder side?