[x264-devel] Optimizing X264 with WMMX based on PXA270

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 22:58:51 CET 2007

Hello,

On 11/17/07, Cheng Dennis <chengdennis at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I port the x264 on PXA270 using wMMX but performance too bad. it needs over
> 5 secs for a frame (352x288).

That's quite possible, given that H.264 encoding is very
CPU-intensive, particularly if your encoding options target good
quality. Maybe you need to implement some more iWMMX routines too.

Can you send a patch containing your changes to this mailing list?

BTW, how did you manage to get your hands on a Xscale-powered machine?
I have been looking for a cheap way to get one, but I only found these
expensive dev board (Zaurus are long sold out here).

Guillaume
--
A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.
 -- Napoleon Bonaparte